I am an enthusiastic and hard-working young man always willing to learn new skills who is focused and ready to start utilizing my skills and knowledge to make a positive contribution to a company.
As part of my work at Volunteering Otago, I deal with a variety of media content including promotional videos, graphic logos and blogs. I also update the organisation's website on a daily basis.
- Review current digital media channels
- Review the usability of Volunteering Otago Website
- Develop proposal videos to promote Volunteering Otago
- Capture/publish volunteering stories & videos through digital media
- Prepare, review and document current systems
- Responsible for maintaining sufficient shelf stock level and keeping products appropriately organised
- Ensured all breakages/spillages are dealt with promptly and handled with care
- Assisted with checkouts during busy hours
- Ensured high level of customer satisfaction by assisting general customer queries
Projects that I've completed at Otago Polytechnic.
Developed an online application asset management system for an external client. This project involved meeting client every forthnightly to discuss details and progress.
- Developed and implemented a web-based application prototype using Ruby on Rails
- Communicated regularly with client to discuss ideas and implementation of new features
- Collaborated in a group to ensure work is distributed evenly and tasks are delivered on time
- Tested application to ensure quality, consistency, and usability for other users
- Documented all steps and procedures as part of good practice and for reference
The Kowhai Centre is a public service that offers free counselling support to the community provided by NZAC.
During my term at Otago Polytechnic, I had the opportunity to work with Judy Buckingham who was the manager at Kowhai Centre to create a custom website. I collaborated with a group where I was in charge of the front-end side of the website. We used simple HTML and CSS with MySQL database for the backend.